Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Preparing for the cliff...

I am a Lions fan, which means that I like to bang my head against brick walls for fun, love to be disappointed, will always love the underdog and probably need at least some form of medication.

It also means that I am an optimist, but a special kind of optimist. Your typical Lions fan is not a "half empty/half full" person, we're more of a..."Can I have a glass, please? I broke mine again" kind of person.

Why do I explain this? Because I'm nervous. In fact, I'm down right scared. The Lions have looked pretty damn good so far this preseason and now people are starting to notice.

People are starting to jinx them.

Three or four years ago, a national sports writer, Dan Pompeii, was so caught up with how the Lions were doing in preseason, he predicted a Lions super bowl. It's been a while and I think Mr. Pompeii is out of rehab now...but the damage was done.

Nobody can ever talk or write good things about the Lions...because they'll find out about it--and they'll believe what they hear and read. Three years ago the Lions were 6-2 and "an up and coming team heading for the playoffs!" The Lions read those stories...they're 3-39 since.

Let me reiterate...NEVER SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE LIONS!!!

In 1992, a year removed from the magical 1991 NFC Championship game season, the Lions were going to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders...results 5-11.

NEVER, EVER SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE LIONS!!

Now, how about those Texans!!! I hear they're going to do great things this season...Or I really like the look of those Bears....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online