Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A little catch up

OK, due to the Lions having harpooned any real hope I've had for them getting better in my lifetime or the subsequent lifetimes of my children and grandchildren, I have been lax this week in regards to the Lions. This combined with the putting the finishing touches on a movie filmed last year and actually having to put in some real "work" at the paying gig...

I'm back today and apparently I haven't missed much. I believe I read somewhere that Matt Stafford had his right arm chewed off at the shoulder in a very freak hottubbing accident in Redford...of course I haven't been able to confirm this.

Let me cover the weekly running items that the Lions malaise sucked me of the energy to write on Monday.

3rd and 3 or less

The Lions couldn't run against the worst rush defense in the NFL...I think they should really start considering punting on second down. They've reached a dingy and faded new level of pathetic.

For the second week in a row, despite trying to "establish the run" the Lions abandoned the run on all 3rd and 3 or less situations. Going 2 of 5 passing. This brings their season totals to 9 of 14 (65%) rushing and 11 of 26 passing (42%). Keep up the good work guys...that's smart coaching...

Blocked punts?

Nope, didn't even come close.

Fade Stop?

Not a one.

Wouldn't it be great if the Lions had cheerleaders?

Yeah, it sure would...but the Lions and the Detroit metro area went another week without a single mention of the Detroit Pride.

Tales of the Inept

The Carolina Panthers (1-8) took another unholy beating from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Buffalo Bills (1-8) collected their first win of the season against the lowly and pathetic losers, the Lions.

It will not be long until the Lions are back on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online