Monday, November 22, 2010

Isn't it refreshing? Everything is back to normal...


All of that blown up nonsense about how this was a different team and that they were "heading in a different direction," it was all just a bunch of useless propaganda and lies. The Lions are no different today than they were three years ago. Oh, sure there are some new players and they supposedly have "bright" futures...but I don't buy it for a second. There are just different names on the backs of the same losing, talent deficient players.

The Lions may never be any good.

That's a hard line for me to write. I've lived and died and shed blood while rooting for this odd assortment of useless swamp gas over the last thirty years. I never really believed that I would say something like that...but there it is--in black and white and for the historical record.

This was the weekend I officially gave up. Was it because they lost to the Cowboys in a purely comical fashion? My wife thought I was choking or something as a strange maniacal laugh crept up my throat and I couldn't stop laughing for two minutes as I watched Cowboys return man Bryan McCann return a punt...that was supposed to be downed inside the three yard line...97 yards for a touchdown. It seems the absurdity of that play kicked me over a final ledge.

The fact that the Lions have horrid coaching, talentless players, inept management and a seemingly blind obsession with losing in more despicable and ludicrous ways every week notwithstanding...I've always managed to maintain my fanaticism for the team.

I now have a bright and shiny new dream.

This is Thanksgiving weekend--a hallowed time in the city of Detroit. This is typically "firing" weekend at Ford Field.

My dream is named "Bill Parcells."

Now, before all of you deluded souls out there start screaming nonsense about how "it's only been two years" and "you have to give them time" and "look what they had to start with", let me say this, look what they have now.

Matt Millen was lauded across the country for drafting Charles Rogers, Joey Harrington, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. Martin Mayhew is being lauded for Calvin Johnson (even though Megatron is a Millen pick), Matt Stafford, Jahvid Best and Kevin Smith. Is there any difference between these two groups? Really? Because I'm pretty sure that neither group ever knocked on the door of .500.

Both sets have been losers so far.

Parcells has left the Miami Dolphins and may be able to be brought into the Lions organization. Broom out Mayhew and Schwartz for a PROVEN WINNER. Parcells rebuilt the Giants, the Jets, the Patriots, the Cowboys, and the Dolphins. He turned every one of those teams into a playoff team.

Let me say that again...FIVE TEAMS, FIVE PLAYOFF TEAMS....five for five is 100%...I'm not a math wiz, but I'm pretty sure that a guy with a 100% track record has a much higher percentage chance of being successful than the guy who was trained by the WORST GM IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!

Parcells has flirted with the Ford's and the Lions organization before...rumor has it that he wants to go one more round in the NFL...the ultimate challenge in sports would be rebuilding the lowly Lions.

But it will most likely not happen. It is too obvious for the Ford's to look at. Instead, after the Lions are beaten by 238 points this Thursday in another horrible, horrible showing on Thanksgiving day...they'll spout some more nonsense about "patience" and "rebuilding" and all will stay the same...

Nothing will change, everything will stay the same...the Lions are losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online